Configuring OPUS to Send 2 Different Signals From The LINE & DI Outputs
Prepare for various performance and recording situations with OPUS' Dual Mono / LINE OUT ROUTING capabilities!
Simply define a terminus in OPUS’ DSP signal chain and you’re set to send two distinct signals from the DI (XLR) and LINE (1/4-inch TRS) outputs. So, whether it’s piping a fully-processed DI signal to FOH and a TSM™ amplifier emulation to your amp's FX return, or simply tracking a dry DI and DSP-processed signal simultaneously in a recording session, OPUS delivers all the flexibility your performance demands.
The LINE OUT ROUTING is accessible through OPUS's MENU directly via the pedal's screen:
- First, from the Preset Window on OPUS’ OLED display, push the right encoder to enter the Main Menu
- Then, navigate to the “Global” Menu (indicated by a cog icon) using the right encoder to scroll through the sections and push the right encoder to enter this menu.
- Once inside the Global Menu, scroll to “Line Out Routing” using the right encoder
- You can then use the right encoder to select where in OPUS’ DSP architecture the signal for the ¼-inch Line output is fed:
- NO PROCESSING: The LINE output sends the dry input signal from OPUS without any processing. Please note, this non-processed signal still passes through OPUS' DSP and therefore features the same latency as the signal feeding the XLR DI output. The latency can be configured in the AUDIO PERFORMANCE menu.
- AFTER TSM AMPLIFIER: The LINE output sends the signal after the PREAMP, POWER AMP and NOISE GATE within OPUS.
- AFTER CAB SIM: The LINE output sends the signal post the volume levels of the DynIR cabinet emulation microphone channels within OPUS.
- AFTER POST FX: The LINE output sends the signal featuring all DSP processing within OPUS. With this setting, the LINE and DI outputs send the same processed signal.
You can also set the LINE OUTPUT ROUTING via the SETUP menu in Torpedo Remote, accessible from the main window via the EDIT menu. The different options are listed in the drop down menu next to LINE OUT ROUTING.
Our support team is here to assist you! For any enquiries, please head over to our "Help Desk"and submit a ticket to speak directly to one of our in-house specialists.