How to read an LED Error Report
Some Torpedo products are equipped with a display, which is used to control the device, and to display a report when an error is detected in the firmware. Some other products don't have a display, so they report errors another way: through a blinking LED. This article describes how to read this error report.
An error report consists of two numbers, each one from 0 to 255. These numbers are displayed through the red LED on the device. Here is how one number is displayed on the LED:
- Each digit X is indicated by the LED flashing X times (from 1 to 9). Zero (0) is indicated by a fast double flash.
- Then, there is a pause between digits.
- And after all digits have been flashed, there is a longer pause, then the whole thing starts again.
A few examples:
- The number "5" is indicated by five flashes.
- The number "30" is indicated by three flashes, a pause, and two fast flashes.
- The number "128" is indicated by one flash, a pause, two flashes, a pause, eight flashes.
In all these cases, the indicated pattern is displayed, then there is a longer pause, and the pattern is flashed again, and so on.
When an error occurs, the first number of the error report is displayed. Pressing the pushbutton* on the unit once will display the second number of the report. Then, pressing it a second time will either erase the error indicator or reboot the unit, depending on the error. If for any reason pressing the pushbutton doesn't work, simply reboot the unit (turn it off and on again).
Several errors can be triggered simultaneously, in which case several pushes of the button or several reboot of the unit may be required.
* The pushbutton may be hidden, placed at the rear or bottom of the unit. If the pushbutton is accessible through a hole, use a pen or other small object to press it.
- On the Torpedo Captor X, the pushbutton is accessible through a small hole between the Out Level and Voicing potentiometers.
- On the Revv D20 and G20, the pushbutton is accessible through a small hole next to the USB connector.